As a natural gas transmission system operator, Conexus Baltic Grid is obliged to provide biomethane producers, LNG system operators and natural gas users with the necessary and technically feasible connections to the natural gas transmission system or implement the required changes of the existing connection load according to the Public Utilities Commission issued "Natural gas transmission system connection rules for biomethane producers, LNG system operators and natural gas users".
Steps to install connection:
(Permitted load change processes coincide with connection setup processes)
1. Prior to preparing the application, biomethane producers, LNG system operators or natural gas users (hereinafter - users) have to evaluate the connection point taking into account the planned long-term capacity and the costs of establishing the connection.
Users with capacity up to 250 MW/year and operating pressure in the user system lower than 16 bar mostly prefer to install connections to the natural gas distribution system, while higher capacity connections and systems with planned operating pressure above 16 bar can be planned at the natural gas transmission system.
2. Before preparing the application users should consult with Joint Stock Company Conexus Baltic Grid specialists on possible connection solutions. To arrange a meeting about connection setup please write to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. After consultation with the Joint Stock Company Conexus Baltic Grid specialists, users submit the application for installing the connection. Together with the application for connection, the user shall submit the documents specified by the transmission system operator.
The technical regulations are issued to users within 20 days from the date of receipt of the application.
If the elaboration of technical regulations is complicated and the preparation thereof requires a longer period of time, or the user has not submitted all the necessary information and documents to the transmission system operator, the transmission system operator shall inform the user in writing within 10 days from the day of receipt of the connection application.
The User and the transmission system operator shall agree in writing on the development and approval of the construction design documentation (construction design), and on the selection procedure of the contractor for construction works to install the connection, as well as on other obligations and rights of the transmission system operator and the user until the conclusion of the connection agreement.
According to the agreement, all necessary procurement procedures are carried out.
1. If the user selects the developer of the construction design documentation (building design), equipment supplier and performer of the works, it informs the transmission system operator in accordance with the term specified in the agreement.
2. If the transmission system operator selects the developer of the construction design documentation (building design), equipment supplier and performer of the works, the user has the right to become acquainted with the principles and provisions of selection, process of the selection process and participate in the selection.
The connection agreement is concluded once all procurement procedures have been completed and all costs are known.
The transmission system operator enters into an agreement with the winner of the procurement procedure for operations in the territory of the transmission system operator.
According to the concluded agreements, the connection design, construction or rebuilding is performed.
After the construction or reconstruction works are carried out, all necessary tests are carried out and the object is put into operation after successfully passing the tests.
The installation of the connection shall be deemed to be completed on the day when the transmission system operator has notified the user thereof in writing.
Prior to entering the natural gas into the user system, the user shall submit the transmission system operator the documents prescribed by regulatory enactments in accordance with the procedures specified in the connection agreement, who certifies that the user's natural gas supply system has been installed in accordance with the requirements of regulatory enactments and prepared for connection to the transmission system.
Before the biomethane producer or LNG operator enters the gas into the transmission system, it shall submit the transmission system operator the documents prescribed by the regulatory enactments attesting that the user’s natural gas supply system has been installed in accordance with the requirements of regulatory enactments and prepared for connection to the transmission system.
Prior to entering the natural gas into the user’s system or receiving the gas from the user in the transmission system, the user shall conclude a transmission system service agreement and a balancing agreement.
AS Conexus Baltic Grid informē, ka sakarā ar neplānotiem remonta darbiem Inčukalna PGK kompresoru cehā, tiks samazināta Inčukalna PGK izņemšanas jauda no 246 000 000 kWh/d līdz 147 000 000 kWh/d laika periodā no 2020. gada 1. decembra gāzes dienas sākuma līdz 2020. gada 10. decembra gāzes dienas beigām (ieskaitot).
Due to the unplanned repair works at Inčukalns UGS compressor shop Conexus informs that withdrawal capacity of Inčukalns UGS will be reduced from 246 000 000 kWh/d to 147 000 000 kWh/d starting from the gas day December 1, 2020 until December 10, 2020 gas day (included).